Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hell, I'll Take One Tenth of That...

            Chelsea Clinton earns $75,000 per speech, according to today’s New York Times.
            One, her father was President; two, her mother is a force to reckon with; and three, she has a lot to say about world health and nutrition.
            Okay...
            One, my father was president, too. President of Groner Service Air Conditioning and Heating. He may not have been on the world stage, but thousands of homeowners on Long Island who were saved from stifling heat in the summer and bitter cold in the winter put him on a pedestal. Two, my 84-year-old mother insists on going to a different doctor almost every day, worries unnecessarily about every member of my family, and believes that her way of thinking and doing things is the only way of thinking and doing things--in short, a force to reckon with. And three, I have a lot to say about how email is destroying the planet, the devaluation of good corporate writing, ageism in the workplace and a dozen other topics.
            Why can’t I earn $75,000 per speech?
           



No comments:

Post a Comment