Saturday, July 5, 2014

Children Are Like Sheets

            This morning I helped my wife Bonnie put new sheets on the bed. I hate putting sheets on the bed. But it was our 33rd anniversary and I thought it would be a nice gesture. After all, with three grown children trying to make their way in an often difficult world and an unknown financial future of our own, I think it’s important to start out every day as encouragingly as possible.
            Bonnie mentioned that the sheets cost a lot of money and she initially felt a little guilty about buying them, seeing as how we’ve been struggling. On the other hand, she said, she really likes the way they look and feel, and they help turn stressful days into comfortable nights. So despite how expensive they were, she’s glad we have them.
            I said I felt the same way about the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment